Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One of the last........14mm Radian

Rustysplit

After the trials and head scratching over a 35mm Pan, I guess a 14mm Radian seems an odd choice.

file-148.jpg

Whilst out last night finally checking the merits of the big Pan, Simonfromsussex and I turned our attention to the Moon. We tried various ep combos between us. For higher power I used my 12mm Delos giving 150x, my 18mm Radian barlowed to 9mm,giving 200X and then the Delos barlowed to give 300x. At 200x the clarity and detail where stunning. At 300x it was starting to push the seeing limits a bit.

Whilst talking over the Panoptic dilema with Si, I had a mini eureka moment. I was concentrating at the wrong end of my eyepiece line up. I love my 18mm Radian it barlows beautifully, so why not get one of the last 14mm Radians whilst I still can? This will give me 125 and 250X and fill the gap perfectly.

It is also fairly small and light so will go in the ST80 for quick sessions. Not looking like I will get first light tonight, but report to follow when I do.

Alan,

It is a great eyepiece and one I have had the pleasure of using before, almost bought one too. How strange it is that to-night a 35mm Panoptic shows up in S/H classified. Anyway, many congratulations on the 14mm Radian, I have just ordered a shorter one myself.

Alan P

Archived