Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Televue Pronto

Some may have notice that I was looking for a Pronto. I had one very briefly a few years ago and really fancied spending some more time with one. A couple came up but they had doubled in price since I sold mine. However I spotted one on ebay that was poorly advertised but after asking a lot of questions I decided it would be worth going for.

My winning bid was £356, I know sounds ok but not a real bargain.

What came with the scope does make it a real bargain though.

All items are Televue, mirror diagonal, 2x barlow, 26mm smooth side plossl and the icing on the cake a 7mm T6 Nagler! This wasn't even mentioned, just a passing remark in one of the emails.

Well it arrived today and glad to say that everything is perfect, so I'm over the Moon with my newly acquired Pronto and wont be letting this one go.

I blame some of this on Olly as when I was surfing there were no end of links to him raving about this little scope :smiley: This didn't help to deter me.

If you are blaming your happiness on me then I'm happy!

I love my little Pronto and it cost zilch second hand. I had to have it because, having sold my old (very old) Genesis I needed a little refractor for widefield.

They are so undervalued on the used market and compete with assorted William Optics offerings in small aperture. Old TeleVue versus new WO? I have both. No brainer. If you can find a Pronto buy it.

Olly

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine... Nice accessories :)

I used to use it for a spot of birding With a BP 8-24 mk III on a Vixen Mini-Porta but treated myself to smaller and lighter Nikon ED 50 and the new Nikon MC2 14-40x zoom EP

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

Just come after 3.5  hours of some great fun. My friend came up with his Stellaview 80mm Triplet and also had a TAL 100RS

I'm happy to say the Pronto held up very well and had pin point stars to the edge of the field. Even the last test when the Moon came up didn't show a rainbow of colours, just a faint yellow round the edge of the Moon.

The star test showed perfect collimation so You can imagine how pleased I am after that session.

The sky just wasn't dark so I'm sure it will perform even better over the season.

I mounted the Pronto on my friends Telepod and very solid, damped down a lot quicker than my portamount, I think that might be a next purchase.

I've seen it written that everyone should own a Pronto, I can agree with that.

Just come after 3.5  hours of some great fun. My friend came up with his Stellaview 80mm Triplet and also had a TAL 100RS

I'm happy to say the Pronto held up very well and had pin point stars to the edge of the field. Even the last test when the Moon came up didn't show a rainbow of colours, just a faint yellow round the edge of the Moon.

The star test showed perfect collimation so You can imagine how pleased I am after that session.

The sky just wasn't dark so I'm sure it will perform even better over the season.

I mounted the Pronto on my friends Telepod and very solid, damped down a lot quicker than my portamount, I think that might be a next purchase.

I've seen it written that everyone should own a Pronto, I can agree with that.

Although it isn't widely known, the front cell of the TV scopes can be collimated very easily indeed. I think TV disguise the fact to discourage tinkerers!

Olly

• 5 weeks later...

One just sold down here on IIS , Bare scope with clam shell for $335 , man what a bargain .

I had one of these little beauties once and are still kicking my self for selling it .

By the way $335aud is about 155 British pounds , someone got A GIFT ! .

Brian

They did indeed. Brian, should you wish to sell a six inch Tak triplet for ten quid do, please, let me know and I'll have the cash sent over by private jet in a few minutes...

Olly

Archived