Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 6992, my first try at NB Bicolour.

lensman57

Hi,

I took did this last night in between the showers and the clouds rolling about, I could only manage 7 subs of 600s for Ha and 9 subs of 600s for Oii, I also did 3 subs of 600s of Sii but the tracking was way off and I have not used them in this version. I stacked 6 of the Ha and 7 of the Oiii so there is not a lot of data there so the image was quite noisy so forgive me for getting the background dark to get the noist outof the way. As it is my first narrow band i am reasonably happy with it but need loads to learn including how to avoid halos around bright stars with the Oiii filter. Baader NB filters, and 314l+ on an ascension 80 mm Apo @ f4.8. I mapped the Ha to R, the Oiii to B and a mixe of Ha and Oiii to G to make the RGB image, tons of messing about in StarTools and mainly PS. I am willing to learn so please crticise ( can't be difficult with this image ).

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-80254100-1382301146_thumb.p

Good first try at NB bicolour! I have the same problem with the Baader Oiii filter and I believe it's quite common. It takes work to get rid off the halos in post processing. In ST you could try to reduce the size of the oiii stars using the Magic module or later after creating the colour image, using the fringe killer.

(You can even remove them all together with the healing module),

E.

Good first try at NB bicolour! I have the same problem with the Baader Oiii filter and I believe it's quite common. It takes work to get rid off the halos in post processing. In ST you could try to reduce the size of the oiii stars using the Magic module or later after creating the colour image, using the fringe killer.

(You can even remove them all together with the healing module),

E.

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I have not as yet worked out how to use the healing module effectively. Perhaps  Ivo could post a tutorial.

Regards,

A.G

Archived