Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HeeHaa, My first Narrow Band, NGC 6992, HST Pallet

Hi,

Tonight despite the rain, the clouds and the Moon I tried for NGC 6992 but this time I tried my Baader NB filters my Atik 314L+ for the first time. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, if it wasn't the clouds rolling over after the rain it was the jet liner going through FOV, the tracking suffered too but I did finish a short run. 6 of Ha @ 600s each, 8 of Oiii @ 600s each and only 2 of Sii @ 600 each as by now the target was going behind my gardens trees. Darks, flats and bias frames too, I mainly used PS to process as everything from alignment to registering the stacked frames had to be done manually.The image is quite noisy but it is my first and was done in awful conditions. Well, it can only get better I guess.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-09734800-1382240245_thumb.p

Forgive me, I had a play with this image - removed some halo's and noise.

Martin

Thank you Martin,

I have spent a half the day doing different versions of this just to get the practice, shame about those halos with the Oiii filter, I wonder if this is normal.

Reagrds,

A.G

Archived