NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which camera

i have do problems using my unmodded canon 1100d works great with APT, alot of my freinds use modded canon 1100d`s and they images i`ve seen from them look great,

cheap astronomy sell them for £265 modded although they are reconditioned units, but for that money they have to be a good punt.

The time has come to buy a new camera any advice im looking at cannon 11ood or the 600d.

The 600d is significantly better (and more expensive...) than the 1100d. Look at this comparison: http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3-vs-Canon-T3i  The T3 is the 1100d and the T3i is the 600d.

I do have a 600d (T3i) and like it a lot. It's quite a popular lower-end AP camera, in the US anyway. 

an

The time has come to buy a new camera any advice im looking at cannon 11ood or the 600d.

Hi,

The quality of the images you obtain will depend to a very large degree on your skill and crucially on the quality of your sky ( transparency, moisture in the air , seeing conditions etc) and  the level of light pollution amongst many other things. Both of the cameras you have in mind will be sufficient for the purpose. Do not be swayed by tests carried out on cameras with terrestrial photography as a yard stick, in astro imaging you are looking at prolonged long exposure, in a combined order of hours not milliseconds, the noise pattern and the built up of noise due to sensor heat in long exposures are factors  that will not come into consideration during normal DSLR testing.

A.G

Archived