Hi Everyone

I have a new phone and it has Apps. I have included the ISS tracker and get alerted to when its wizzing by. Will it be too difficult to see through a telescope? I havent seen it yet even as  a dot with the naked eye, though I do often see satellites.

It the ISS constantly manned? How do I find out whos up there and what they're  doing?

I have managed to track it once through one of my scopes but it wasn't easy. It is just as spectacular watching it with the naked eye though, I never get bored of seeing it. Yes it is constantly manned, you can get information on the NASA site, but that is down at the moment so maybe you can get some information your looking for from here http://www.issfanclub.com/

I too have the NAS app for the ISS and Iridium flares, I didn't know it was down though  :laugh:

Venusia

The ISS is not a little dot when viewed with the naked eye,  its quite big and bright in the night sky, it is also not permanently occupied   :smiley:

Thanks everyone

As ever when I get excited about seeing something it turns cloudy :rolleyes: . Would it be better to use the binoculars to follow it?

I noticed the Nasa websites were down :/ Hopefully they will soon be back again and in the mean time I have your links to look at.

Thanks again and Clear Skies!!!

Archived