basic camera and dob 150p 6"

hi , I just got a basic Nikon Coolpix which I hold over the eyepiece and take photos,  I hear things like stacking mentioned on here , is this something I could do just with simple camera or am I just out me depth :smiley:  .... also im not computer orientated either how the hell do you upload a pic on here , looked everywhere me thinks I cant see where to do it,    any help I would be grateful,        and don't worry I wont be filling the gallery up with me photos, not unless I got better camera and telescope , also I know you can get attachment to fix camera onto eyepiece , I just haven't got round to buying it.    thanks

Just holding the camera to the eye piece will not allow exposures of any length. Have a look at getting a universal bracket to hold the camera.

But check the distance between the mounting thread on the base of the camera and the front of the lens to ensure that it will fit on and allow focus. This is afocal shooting.

Examples can be seen here but may suppliers have them:

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/index.php/cat/c94_Astro-Imaging-----Dig--Camera-Adapt-.html

Is your mount driven at all? If not then you will be limited to lunar and some planetary such as the moons of Jupiter

Archived