Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Off to Weymouth - dark skies test

Zeffer

I am off to Weymouth for Christmas (staying with my mum) and unbelievably the scope fits!

So it is now a much better Christmas and I am going to compare the darkness of the skies for the first time. I will let you know!

Won't be on much over the next week (no broadband) so happy Christmas!

I am back and can report that I am truly jealous. They are not the best skies in the world but compared to Coventry...!

Just by looking up you can see many more stars than normal and a quick look at the double cluster and its closest neighbours is enough to make me green. Absolutely fabulous views! Andromeda stood out immediately without any dark adaption, and M32. What shocked me most was that I could see the faint fuzzy of the pinwheel galaxy - something I can't achieve here at all.

It was a short test as most nights were cloudy, but what I did see means that whenever I am in Weymouth I shall have to bring my scope!

Happy New Year!

Archived