Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is all this Delos fuss about?

emadmoussa

A year ago I purchased a 3-6 mm Nagler zoom, after reading many good things about it.

It gave brilliant views, was tiresome to use, with difficult eye placement, could not stay at the eyepiece for long.

One month ago I purchased a 3.5 and 4.5 mm Delos.

They give brilliant views, easy to use, easy eye placement, no limit as to how long I could view for.

Just ordered the 6 mm Delos.

I will never use the 3-6 zoom again......Simples.

I completly agree with trazor on the 'comfort factor'  using the Delos eyepieces.

When it comes to evaluating eyepieces I wouldn't rate on absolute performance alone as ease of use is probably more important to me. 

I have the 14 10 and 4.5mm  Deloi  and love em !!   The 6mm is next on my list. 

Dave.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main reason I went to Delos from ES was simply for eye relief.  The loss of field doesn't bother me at all, in fact I find 72 degrees rather pleasant in the mid range.

The Ethos is fantastic in it's mid-to-low power spot and I have a pair of 82 degree non TV eyepieces rounding out my set.  I'm of two minds whether I even need to replace the 18mm ES and 24mm Meade.  Although I would like to do away with them an put in a 21mm Ethos I can't really justify it.  Both give good views that I'm pleased with.  I'm certainly not £580 unhappy with the views they give.

I might just put a 24mm Panoptic on the end of my set instead of the daddy Ethos.  Lets see what winter brings, no rush either way.  I can take my time saving up for the Ethos, right now I'm saving up for the Playstation 4 and a few games (having just come off the back of a large TeleVue spend out). 

Archived