NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

help with eqmod

jaygpoo

so here is my problem. I brought a neq6 and slipped down the road to frustration in as much as I wanted to control the telescope using eqmod and a game controller etc. I am using cdc and backyard EOS. I spent ages understanding eqmod so that I could polar align and star align using it. I have been very sucessful until I wanted to be able to sit in my conservatory and observe using my laptop and a drink. To do this I needed long usb cables which I brought on ebay from a good seller. I set up the scope and polar align. Then I switch on cdc and connect the gamepad. I check the gamepad config and all is well. I send the scope to vega and other stars an align . Just about to get stuck in and the eqmod stops . The gamepad is off and all my setings have gone. I start again but it crashes again. I have run eqmod diag and it says all is well. The long cables are not disconnected or wet etc. My laptop is a toshiba intel celeron  / 32 bit running win 7 / 1.86 ghz with 2gb ram and 120 gb drive with 86gb free as I only run my astro software on it. Any ideas as it seems the more software you run the eqmod plays up. The other night I had a great session with all systems go using cdc and backyard to get some great shots of the moon but only after I had restarted eqmod and reset everything more than once. ANY IDEAS as to the crash problem with eqmod!!!!???????

EQMOD is incredibly stable and CdC is a natural bedfellow so I suspect connections. A logical sequence would be to connect it all together directly, no extension cables and no game pad. If it works. Add the game pad and build up from there.

These problems are usually cable, power or USB hub related.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Archived