NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Power Consumption

Kenza

I don't know the answer to your question but will give you this advice from my own experience ,if you are looking for a battery that is just good enough to run your kit you will soon be disappointed.I run all my kit from a 100ah leisure battery and and have no trouble at all,I understand that they cost a fair bit but I learnt that after 2 maplin power packs total cost £60 that I could of brought a leisure battery £60 and saved myself money just my two pence worth but genuine advice based on experience plus if you buy more kit that needs power you will have the the extra power you need :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For DC, power = voltage x current, so assuming the mount runs at 12V, the power consumption based on the figures given above would be 24 Watts slewing and 12 Watts tracking.  I don't think that's important though in selecting a battery.  As others have mentioned, you want to select a battery with sufficient capacity (A.h) to run your kit without frequent charging.  For example, if the mount draws 1 Amp while tracking, you would expect to get around 100 hours of tracking out of a 100 A.h battery.  Obviously that will decrease if you are running other stuff from the battery at the same time.

You should also check that the maximum continuous discharge current of the battery will be sufficient to support all of the kit you want to run from it simultaneously (i.e. add up the current drawn by each device connected to the battery).  I imagine that the leisure batteries mentioned are probably rated to something like 10A continuous discharge, so bear that in mind if you want to run dew heaters, etc. at the same time.

Ian

Not sure in watts, but I believe the NEQ6 uses 2 Amps slewing, 1 amp tracking - just get yourself a nice big leisure battery so you can run dew control etc and all is taken care of.  I use a 105Ah one

Is this what you mean? You probably can't understand the language but the numbers and pics are there. They told that if I want to power the laptop i need a converter.

http://www.akumulator-shop.rs/stacionarne-baterije/trojan-battery/trojan-27tmx-12v-105ah-c20-detaljno

Not sure in watts, but I believe the NEQ6 uses 2 Amps slewing, 1 amp tracking - just get yourself a nice big leisure battery so you can run dew control etc and all is taken care of.  I use a 105Ah one

And here is the converter

http://www.akumulator-shop.rs/dodatna-oprema/inverteri-pretvaraci-napona-12-24v-230v/inverter-sole-12v-300w-600w-detaljno

Yep that's the sort of battery you want - a deep cycle leisure battery with sufficient power will work a treat, and get a trickle charger to keep it in top condition (only about £12) and you will be on to a winner, just leave it constantly plugged in.  As for the converter I will let someone else answer that - I am visual only, but have heard you need a converter

Archived