NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Regim Stacking software for MAC

majorkuts

hi guys. i've been searching for a stacking program for ages and every road ends up in the space place. either DSS or Regim for mac

as i'm using an iMac, Regim is the preferred choice. but i download it and the files are .JAR and gives me no option to install it

can anyone help? thanks

hi guys. i've been searching for a stacking program for ages and every road ends up in the space place. either DSS or Regim for mac

as i'm using an iMac, Regim is the preferred choice. but i download it and the files are .JAR and gives me no option to install it

can anyone help? thanks

Hi,

Have you tried Nebulasity?

A.G

You can run Regim on iMac OSX I've just tried it on mine but it is not at all easy or user friendly.

Firstly Regim runs on the JAVA platform and Apple disabled JAVA on OSX earlier this year because of a security issue.

JAVA has now been updated to address the security problem so firstly you need to go to the JAVA website and download OSX compatible JAVA version 7 update 40 and install it.

Then download the Regim software for MAC OSX, the zipped files should automatically unzip to the MAC download folder.

Now the really silly part, you can only run Regim from inside a terminal window, there is no other way to do this, a few hints for using a terminal window in MAC OSX can be found here:

http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/terminal/40-terminal-tips-and-tricks-you-never-thought-you-needed/

The instructions for how to run Regim from the terminal window can be found in the Regim english instruction manual here:

http://www.andreasroerig.de/regim/regim_e.htm

Starting a program with command line instructions is like going back to BASIC or DOS, can't believe this software has been written this way?

I use several stacking and processing software packages on my iMAC but I run them using Parallels desk top running Windows Vista (would have preferred XP but this was all I had a license for).

We MAC users are rather poorly provided for in the astro freeware/shareware market at the moment so either Bootcamp for a full dual boot Windows installation or Parallels for a virtual Windows installation were the only option for me, Parallels needs a lot more RAM memory to run a virtual Windows alongside the MAC OS seamlessly, Bootcamp makes less demands.

Best of luck anyway, hope the above is of use.

Starting a program with command line instructions is like going back to BASIC or DOS, can't believe this software has been written this way?

You can create a launcher app using apple script. I use this to run DSS and registax via wine on mountain lion. I'm on the ipad at the moment but if you can't find it via google I can fire up the MacBook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...