Help installing SteelTrack focuser on C9.25

I have not been able to install this focuser. I search through SGL but didn't find it.

Here's what happened...

post-27381-0-06911500-1379926124_thumb.j

I know is not the right way to go so I re-installed again the 2" visual back.

There is a piece shown in the picture below that I couldn't take off because is so hard attached.

post-27381-0-76340100-1379926566.jpg

Looks like that could be it, but I need to be sure... 

Any help would be more than welcome.

Israel.

Guys,

The reason it is hard to come off is because it is fixed, do not try to remove it.

The diagonal also screws onto this part of the scope via the adapter that is supplied with the scope.

Thanks

Shaun

Ok, that's clear now...    Thanks Shaun.

Some info: Now I am using a click-lock visual back with a click-lock diagonal and I have nothing to screw. Like this...

post-27381-0-06404300-1379944926_thumb.j

Thanks for the pictures Emad, yours looks like a nice piece of hardware I didn't know about...   :wink:      Mine should look like this though.....

post-27381-0-33329900-1379944673_thumb.j

I'm not either.

Now other the guy from the shop I bought it says that the correct install is the one I posted on first place..... (for a 9.25")...     so who knows....   :eek:

Thank you again Emad.

Check what thread you have on the back of the focuser. There are 2 main threads - one for a SCT and one for a Mactusov - both different sizes. Can't for the life of me remember which is which but you can get an adaptor:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/skywatcher-maksutov-to-sct-adapter.html

Might be this, that you need. Depends which thread the focuser shipped with.

Ok, that's clear now...    Thanks Shaun.

Some info: Now I am using a click-lock visual back with a click-lock diagonal and I have nothing to screw. Like this...

attachicon.gifastronomo.JPG

Thanks for the pictures Emad, yours looks like a nice piece of hardware I didn't know about...   :wink:      Mine should look like this though.....

attachicon.gifBaader Steetrack.jpg

Both images are correct :laugh:

I am not sure if it the clicklock works inline with the steeltrack focuser, I would think not. :smiley: unless there is an adapter.

Mine is set up like your lower picture without the clicklock system

post-27910-0-26328100-1380003659_thumb.j

Well, finally last night I re-installed the focuser the way I did in first place and same as Pig showed in the picture and gave it try.

It seemed to work well I could reach focus normally.... although it is hard to tell on one just night. Tonight I'll test with different setups and see how it handles.

Thanks all for the help!!!...   :smiley:

Here two pictures of the final installed focuser....

post-27381-0-19428400-1380093886_thumb.j

post-27381-0-02508400-1380093945_thumb.j

Archived