NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi guys been a while since ive posted any pics here as i have not had a pc for ages, finally got my new build and its like going from driving a push bike to a private jet lol, im not use to it, any way back on topic, ive had a 5 minute play with this image, ive used faststone for the editing, im not really use to this program yet as only got it yesterday, i cant wait till i get all my original programs back im use to for editing.

Ive seen loads of other peoples shots of Perseids, and id just like confirmation really of what my capture is of? I dont think its a plane, might be a satellite? 100% not a bird of plane lol, seriously tho do you think it is perseids? I was shocked when i was out at the forest and see this appear on my camera screen

9849798514_907f4613aa.jpg
Perseids by tingting44, on Flickr
all the best
Martin

Really.....im happy either way as ive not captured a satellite as of yet....would have been nice if it were perseids, ive got so much perseids data to go through, so im hoping ive got a few meteor's... is there any way of finding out what satellite it would have been? would it have been the ISS maybe? really would like to get this 100% confirmed what it is :) 

12th August 2013

11:04pm

New forest - Hampshire

Cant remember what direction i was facing :(

edit, let me go in to stellarium to see what was the milky way was facing that night as the MW is right behind this object.....

edit, facing south if stellarium is correct...

Hi guys been a while since ive posted any pics here as i have not had a pc for ages, finally got my new build and its like going from driving a push bike to a private jet lol, im not use to it, any way back on topic, ive had a 5 minute play with this image, ive used faststone for the editing, im not really use to this program yet as only got it yesterday, i cant wait till i get all my original programs back im use to for editing.

Ive seen loads of other peoples shots of Perseids, and id just like confirmation really of what my capture is of? I dont think its a plane, might be a satellite? 100% not a bird of plane lol, seriously tho do you think it is perseids? I was shocked when i was out at the forest and see this appear on my camera screen

9849798514_907f4613aa.jpg
Perseids by tingting44, on Flickr
all the best
Martin

Regardless of what it is, its still a nice background shot of the Milky Way.

Steve

Heavens Above says that at 11:09 the ISS went over on Aug 12, and was quite high, went from West to South so could have been the track:

12 Aug -3.4 23:09:09 10° W 23:12:30 85° SSW 23:12:30 85° S Visible

Depends on the accuracy of the time on the camera (assume camera, also the accuracy of HA as I find a minute or two either way has to be assumed.

Looking at the entry I would say that the track would cease suddenly as I think it goes into the earths shadow and so in then not illuminated by the sun. Did your track sort of cease?

Archived