NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Video cameras and scopes

I have a panasonic sd900 that films in 1920 1080 50p. I've just got the t ring to attach it to the scope so I'm hoping to get some good footage of he moon tonight. What I'm wondering is, can the zoom on the camera be used o zoom in on the image???

Hi, I'am assuming the T ring you have is to attach the camera to an eyepiece as the camera wont work just with its own lens and the scope? With the afocal method, using an eyepiece, you can use the optical zoom on the camera to frame or magnify your target.   

No, its a Panasonis SD900 Video camera and the picture on it is amazing. I have an adapter ring on it so the thread is 46mm, the thread on my scopes dslr adapter is also 46mm. If I had a 3.5 in 46mm tube I could fix it to the camera then slide it over the eye piece (when in the scope) and screw it onto the scopes adapter.

Archived