Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW 66mm equinox

Any one using one of these as a guide scope/ WF scope. im currently in talks with a fellow member just wondering has any got any images they have taken and is there any CA with it being F6

cheers

Hi Dan,

It is a doublet, all doublets even the ones marketed as Apo ED have some measure of CA as the lens design  can only bring two wavelengths, red and green into the same focus point, they usually leave the blue one out. If you are really after a CA free scope then you need to consider a triplet and not all triplets are CA free either. Just get the scope that suits your needs and enjoy it, no point getting bugged down with technical perfection too much so long as the design is not a total flop.

Regards,

A.G

I use the Equinox ED80 for imaging and it is a superb refractor. It no TAL but its still a great scope. I doubt there will be any CA with it as there are none in mine. It is a doublet so it doesn't have a flat field.

A flat field needs a rear element. Triplets are not inherently flat either. They can, in ideal circumstances, have better colour correction but for a flat field you need glass at the back.

Olly

my problem is im OBSESSIVE!!!! :D

So am I and this cost money in the long run. Sometimes I have to kick myself to remind me that this is just a hobby for me, a rewarding one but expensive. I have also found that the more I fuss about something the less I enjoy it, a sure sign of getting old in my case.

Regards,

A.G

So am I and this cost money in the long run. Sometimes I have to kick myself to remind me that this is just a hobby for me, a rewarding one but expensive. I have also found that the more I fuss about something the less I enjoy it, a sure sign of getting old in my case.

Regards,

A.G

No, maybe that is a sign of getting young again! I certainly see this in myeslf and feel that way...

Archived