NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tripod and mount carry bags

Hello all,

I've been humping my AZ4 steel legged tripod and mount plus a F1rst Horizon tripod and mount and the accompanying 'scopes and kit to my gazing site for a while now. It has only just occurred to me that perhaps there might be a bag out there that I could 'dump' the tripods in and maybe a few bits n pieces. This would make the packing and unpacking a lot easier.

So, would anybody have a recommendation for a sturdy bag, big enough for the AZ4 and perhaps both? I've searched on the net but think recommendations would be far better than a punt.

Thank you,

Tim

I've been looking for a padded holdall for my cpc800 tripod. 

I found this link and have just sent in my requirements.

http://www.bags2cover.co.uk/acatalog/Made_2_Measure.html

Worth a try for nothing.

Their quote for a padded bag to take my 130PDS, AZ4 and pipe tripod is £73 delivered.  Not cheap but only 20% of the cost of the contents.  Worth thinking about.

I'm currently using a cricket bag for the scope and mount, but it's too short for the tripod.  I have also used a hockey kit bag which holds lots of kit, including a couple of lightweight tripods.

My girlfriend sorted me out these sturdy little numbers. I think they were the Cosmika 2 and the CKM 2. One of them fits the Tal perfectly, the other is ace for either the AZ4 or CG-5. I guess it's silly to buy these from Spain but I'm sure there's something like them in the UK.

• 3 months later...

Thank you all,

Have been 'off target' so to speak (pun intented!)  for a few months and now back to looking for a bag. Meanwhile both tripods lie in the shed as it hasn't stopped raing for 40 days and 40 nights.

I hadn't thought of a cricket bag nor fishing tackle bag but I did consider ski bag! The bag has to be at least 120mm long to fit the AZ4. I will also look at the cosmita bag too.

Well, now I'm looking now that I have some ideas.

Thanks again and I will report back.

Tim

Archived