Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Suitable tripods

symesie04

Hi

Just want to tease the thoughts out of all those great minds out there and perhaps pull on the wealth of experience. I currently have a Manfrotto 190exbpro which is great for general stuff. However i recently purchased an astrotrac and feel my current tripod is maybe not up to scratch in terms of stability and vibration supression. It does the job at short focal lengths but ideally i want to be able scale up to 400mm at some point. So im guess im asking if anyone has any experience of the 190 at those focal lengths or has suggestions for rock solid tripods that i can replace it with. Now two things before you all start screaming Gitzo's at me, first of all it needs to be portable as i travel to dark sites and often have to hump around fields. Second ideally it needs to be the decent side of £300.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived