Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First RGB Image - help

Hi,

Last night I had the opportunity to use a mono CCD (Atik 16IC) with RGB filters (manual wheel) for the first time, it was only really a test shoot 3x5 mins in each channel to see how i got on. The below image is the result, there is alot more red than anything else, with the stars in Red channel being bigger than any other channel. Is this an artefact of how I captured the data or how I processed it?

I don't know much about the filters themselves as they are unbranded, but I suspect they don't have IR cut (I did have a separate IR cut filter I meant to use but forgot to add it to the light train) - is that a likely cause?

Equipment wise it is a sw200pds/eq6 guided via the finderguider. Processing wise I have only done a basic levels/curves (as well as combining the channels).

Any help gratefully received

post-11737-0-77210200-1378655197_thumb.j

First off, that is good. Well done. The colour balance is very close to optimal.

The lack of IR cut might well explain the bigger red stars. However, the red channel is not accurately aligned, which doesn't help. You can easily see the offset of the red channel if you look for it.

Olly

Archived