NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomy Festival at Herstmonceux

Just got back from a cracking weekend at Herstmonceux Astronomy Festival with Rustysplit.

​Despite an appalling forecast for the weekend we lucked out with Friday clear till about midnight and last night clear for most of the night, that must be unheard of for a star party!!

So great to meet up with other enthusiasts and take in the wonders of the sky within such a great setting and pretty dark skies. The six copper domes in the back ground really set the scene!!

Massive thanks to Estwing for letting us have a gander through his 21mm ethos, literally breath taking, only trouble is I might have to get one now which is going to hurt the bank balance!!

Wont mention the pub quiz, didn't do very well!!

Roll on next year!

Cheers Calvin, really good to meet you (and some of your gr8 kit).

Hope to get a chance to have a look through your 18" some time?

We didn't forget the hire charge mate, I just deducted the cleaning costs of my lumicon oiii from when you dropped it, hope that's ok :grin:

It was a great week-end . At first I was pretty disappointed when my power supply "packed it in" but then I had a chance to look through some killer scopes (yours) with some class glass (Calvins) which more than made up for a failed imaging session. I could almost hear Calvin thinking "You don't get these problems with a manual dob ;)". It was my first starparty/festival and won't be my last. Oh, and I was definately surprised by the huge variety of people you can meet at these events :).

Edit:- Forgot to mention.... I'm sure that split screen combi would cover the cost of some green glass for "everyone" ;)

" Forgot to mention.... I'm sure that split screen combi would cover the cost of some green glass for "everyone" ;) "

:shocked: What shall I put you down for Scott? A full set of Ethos? Hey you might be right, at least the TV's wont rust!!

Really good to meet you and Calvin. A top weekend.

" Forgot to mention.... I'm sure that split screen combi would cover the cost of some green glass for "everyone" ;) "

:shocked: What shall I put you down for Scott? A full set of Ethos? Hey you might be right, at least the TV's wont rust!!

Really good to meet you and Calvin. A top weekend.

Great to meet you guys as well. I won't be greedy, just the 21mm .....and maybe the 13....and

Archived