Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light SW ED 80 Pro

wxsatuser

First light for my ED 80 Pro and Baader Hyperion zoom.

Obsy not finished but could'nt resist a clear night, about 1.5hours to play with.

After glow and football floodlights a real problem but could still see stuff.

Put mount on unfinished pier and roughly aligned.

Went to Mizar......excellent......just the way I remember......nice crisp stars.

Popped over to M31, bit in the LP but not bad.

Went to Vega........beautiful crisp star, loverly!

No going back.......hooked......just gotta finish the obsy and get imaging.

Great stuff. I hear nothing but rave reviews about the ED 80, definitely want to get one. But they never seem to show up second hand anywhere... probably because no-one wants to let theirs go! :)

Tom

They do actually from time to time. I bought mine second hand - well, almost brand new since the previous owner bought it but never used it. Place a wanted ad on ABS and you should probably find one.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing polar alignment last night, I took a quick look at a couple of doubles.

Bands of cloud passing West to East and the Moon washing out the sky but

got a good look at Polaris, split easy at 75x, 50x and 37.5x, with Hyperion zoom.

Moved over to Almaak, what a nice double, easy at 75x, 50x, just there at 37.5x....

clouds ruined it a bit. Nice colour, to me slightly orange with blue/white companion.

Archived