Astronomy Newbie

Hi all, I am recently new to astronomy, but so far I really enjoy what I have seen. Its mainly been the moon and planets so far, I have had a good look at Saturn. I have a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ. I have bought a few accessories icluding the celestron Plossl eyepeice set. I am aslo wanting to buy a new eyepeice ring lock, I am looking at either the Baader Click lock 2" or the Antares 2" to 1.25" twist lock, My question is will they fit on my telescope, I know the thumb screw lock currently attached just unscrews, will one of these just screw straight on. if so wich is the better of the two, the baader is more expensive but does that mean its better.

Thanks

Richard

Kalgoorlie, Western Australia.

Hi Richard, and welcome to SGL. As long as you have a 2" focuser, the Antares and the Baader should fit well inside. I would go for the Antares, no point in paying more unless you have to. I have the Orion version of the Antares and find it very good, also accepts 2" filters, so no need to swap filters over when using 1.25" ep's.

Hi Richard, welcome to SGL.

Unfortunately your focuser will NOT accept 2" accessories. My 1st scope was an AM130. Good scope for starters but limited in certain areas. It should give you some pretty amazing views though.

Clear skies

Ally

Thanks for the responses guys and girls. Could anyone point me in the direction of a centering holder that would fit the astromaster 130. Baader do the Click lock eyepiece clamp 1.25, this must fit somehow. Would I need an adapter or should it just screw in place of the old eyepiece holder.

thanks

Richard

Archived