Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which Baader Hyperion Aspheric?

I have now sold enough EPs etc. to get a new EP that I will use a great deal in the C8.

My question is which one? 31mm or 36mm?

Does anyone have one of these that could tell me what they think? I am hoping for the full moon to fit in the C8 and the double cluster but I don't know how to work out if it will. They used to on my old Axiom 40mm.

I already have the Hperions 8mm, 13mm and 24mm (which I love).

Any help greatly appreciated :icon_jokercolor:

TBH both the Hyperion Aspheric EP's will show you slightly less sky than your Axiom 40mm did. Both though offer you over 1 dregree true FoV with your C8 so the full moon will easily fit - it is around .5 degree across.

Whether the either Baader EP's will prove better performers than your Axiom 40mm is debatable IMHO. Working at F/10, the C8's are not too demanding of eyepieces so you might not see much, if any difference.

John

I currently have both (for a Guidescope review) and find they work pretty much on a par with the rest of the Hyperion range. i.e. reasonably good in a fast scope, but not perfect, and better in higher focal ratio scopes. I should think both will be pretty good in a C8. Just as soon as I get a decent clear nights observing I'll be able to finish testing and start putting pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard... :rolleyes:

Sorry, that doesn't help you choose does it? :?

James

Archived