Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick question, Webcam > EP

Neeken

Is it possible to just attach a webcam directly on a EP for, lets say, photographing jupiter or saturn? Haven't been able to test this yet as I don't have a laptop at the moment.

But I'm pretty sure I'm able to use / create an adapter for my Lifecam Cinema as it's size and tube shape fits pretty good over an EP.

yup,

my MS lifecam HD has been modded and fitted into a special casing that allows it to be placed directly into the focuser tube instead of the EP.

As for your original question ... not sure ..... people take pictures holding camera/smart phone up to the EP, so the quick assumption would be yes, but I stand to be corrected!

yup,

my MS lifecam HD has been modded and fitted into a special casing that allows it to be placed directly into the focuser tube instead of the EP.

As for your original question ... not sure ..... people take pictures holding camera/smart phone up to the EP, so the quick assumption would be yes, but I stand to be corrected!

Yea, I already use my dSLR for prime focus photography, but for planets like jupiter and saturn I need some magnification, and a barlow + dSlr doesn't seem to do the trick on them. Though, my scope isn't ideal for planetary, I know.. :p

For increased magnification on planets then use a barlow with the webcam, that's what most people do. Not sure what the image quality will be like from a webcam in front of an eyepiece, but by all means try it out and report back!

Archived