Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Elephants Trunk with DSLR

JKB

Well a clear night but could not get guiding sorted for some strange reason.

Been wanting to image this for ages so thought I would have a go. 150P on HEQ5 with EOS 30D

45mins of 3min subs unguided plus darks etc.

Quite pleased with such little amount of data even if a little noisy. Will definitely return when I get guiding sorted etc.

Anyway all comments welcome as usual.

Thanks

Jamie

post-11519-0-34875200-1377599916_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

That's great I was asking Gina just the other day if this was worth a try with a DSLR and you have shown it clearly is worth a go at it. If they fog stays away tonight I will give it a try as well, any chance of having go at processing the final stacked tiff for you?

cloud cloud go away come again another day

Hi Mark

Thats a lovely rendition thank you. Yes for some reason the gradients were horrible! You've done a great job. Lovely object it is and will definitely come back for more of this one.

Cheers

Jamie

Well a clear night but could not get guiding sorted for some strange reason.

Been wanting to image this for ages so thought I would have a go. 150P on HEQ5 with EOS 30D

45mins of 3min subs unguided plus darks etc.

Quite pleased with such little amount of data even if a little noisy. Will definitely return when I get guiding sorted etc.

Anyway all comments welcome as usual.

Thanks

Jamie

post-11519-0-34875200-1377599916_thumb.j

Hi,

You have done well Jamie, I have taken the liberty of doing a process in PI and PS. There was not much more that I could do with removing the gradients without loosing the nebulasity but it has not turned out too bad. I like strong colours BTW but that is just my personal taste. Hope you like it anyway.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-23983100-1378630869_thumb.p

Archived