Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

anti vibration pier

willythebarber1

Alternatively,

Look at some of the threads under DIY observatories below for ideas and build your own steel-reinforced concrete pier using air-con ducting as an outer skin/mould.

Total cost less than £50 and better damping / thermal displacement characteristics than a solid steel pier.

AC282 or AC421.

I've just installed a AC282 from Pulsar Observatories.

http://www.pulsarobservatories.com/

I love it. It is absolutely solid; a very substantial bit of kit (contructed of something like 5mm steel), needs two people to lift it. You can also buy a small table top to fit - also of steel - to rest you bits & pieces on, but check the clearances of your telescope when pointing to the zenith.

davies07 have you posted any pictures of your set up to view anywhere it would be good to see one set up !

No not yet. I've just completed the reconstruction of a dome observatory that I bought second hand. I have some pictures and will post them on the DIY Observatories forum in the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived