Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Orion SkyQuest XT10i IntelliScope

I think the optics are the same as the Skywatcher 10 inch dobs but with the advantage of a "push to" system on the mount.

Assuming they are the same then I've observed through a few 10 inch Skywatcher dobs and have found them to be very impressive for the money, especially on the dimmer DSOs.

Thanks for the reply I've had the skywatcher 130 for 18 months and looking to upgrade I've enjoyed finding my way around the night sky but with the weather being bad most of the time i just wanted to speed things up bit and get as much in as pos when we do get the odd clear night

Why not go for a 10" without Goto and just get a Wixey with a smartphone app you find the DSO you're looking for without any trouble. One of best things I did and I like hunting faint DSOs

Barry

I`ve had my 10" SkyQuest since 2005 and I have enjoyed using it immensely. Finding objects in my light polluted sky was difficult but since I got the scope, being able to spend time

actually observing as opposed to hunting down objects gave me a huge boost. I have had many comments from people being impressed with the view.

Alignment is simple and it is accurate with finding objects. I can fully recommend it.

I see that Telescope House has `slashed` their Orion prices so now might be a good time!

Yes that's where i saw it on offer and like you say i want to spend less time hunting objects down and more time observing and with working shifts and the UK weather i think it will make thing's easier thanks for the help.

Archived