NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aaah - just bought DSLR - is the wife now leaving me?

The wife would only kill you if she uses Nikon.... cant have a 2 system household ;)

Such a good point. If she uses the same lens system then you can buy her presents in the knowledge that you'll get to use them too :D

James

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys save the files directly to the comp or onto the SD card?

I save 'em direct to the laptop. not sure there's any real advantage as I now have to copy files to stick then stick to pc where as if i used the memory card i could plug that straight into the pc. (i only use the laptop for capture, no processing)

I save 'em direct to the laptop. not sure there's any real advantage as I now have to copy files to stick then stick to pc where as if i used the memory card i could plug that straight into the pc. (i only use the laptop for capture, no processing)
You should make a local network Connection Between both computers.

You should make a local network Connection Between both computers.

Same here - the data is captured via APT direct to a hard drive on the observatory PC which is networked. In the past the observatory PC wasn't quite up to the processing of the images, so I used to copy the subs and darks from the observatory PC to my main PC over the local network as my main PC is a lot more powerful. I've since upgraded the observatory PC so I can do all the processing in the comfort of my warm room with out interruptions from the wife and kids :) - having an observatory does have its advantages :):D

Same here - the data is captured via APT direct to a hard drive on the observatory PC which is networked. In the past the observatory PC wasn't quite up to the processing of the images, so I used to copy the subs and darks from the observatory PC to my main PC over the local network as my main PC is a lot more powerful. I've since upgraded the observatory PC so I can do all the processing in the comfort of my warm room with out interruptions from the wife and kids :) - having an observatory does have its advantages :):D

Lol! My wife would leave me!

Oh, we had that already?!

Rofl!!

Would love an obsy!!

If you could build a house the way you want to, would you put an obsy on the upper floor?

Archived