Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolf Rayet 134

Hi all,

I spent the last week or so taking spectra of the 5411.52 angstrom HeII line of WR134 - it showed some quite dramatic variations in the line on a daily basis. The experts suspect this is due to corotating interaction regions (CIRs) in the atmosphere of the star.

WR 134 is one of the targets for the pro-am campaign currently being run by the Convento group. I am submitting my spectra in the hope that the spectra may be useful for the campaign. Details of the campaign can be found here: http://www.stsci.de/convento/

Spectra shown below:

gallery_2668_754_5322.png

cheers

John

Hi Ken,

Yes its been a long time since i've appeared here.

Spent all my spare time up to a few weeks ago juggling maths equations - erm studying astrophysics - and not had any time to do spectroscopy :sad:

Here is a series of 1 hour exposures taken on 29th July showing the gradual filling in on the blue side of the line:

gallery_2668_754_4533.png

The IAC 80 on Mount Teide (Canary Islands) is being used for this campaign with amateurs operating the telescope.

Here is a link to some spectra taken of WR134 at the IAC 80 by Thierry Garrel at a similar time to when mine were taken - they appear to agree quite with the ones I took

multiplot.WR134_5411_126.png

Archived