Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M102

cotterless45

Very odd night, some high cloudy stuff, really bright glow all around from the lights of town.

Have a go at M102 in Draco, lovely bright streak on the side of a star triangle at x48. Double that magnification and the long shape ang granular nature sprang out.

Some galaxies in Pegasus and Perseus and a few triple stars groups in Draco . Good to see the Pleiades rising high and Taurus appearing.

Nick.

Your observ posts are great....I've been kinda looking at them,then trying to go find the objects......M102 will be a challenge for my 90mm,but I like the challenge.So far the faintest galaxy for me was m109,which I bagged last week with some others.On days off I'll drive up to the dark spot to see if i can get it....that is if I can keep my eyes off the Veil.BTW which scope were you using?

The 6" achro, just as a tester to see what it's capable of. I'll try it with the 90 and 102 Vixens on a dual mounting bar.

What makes the difference is the seeing conditions, it's bad enough from the edge of town, but hot air bubbles and humidity up above don't help.

Thankfully we're off to Skye for 2 weeks in autumn for some real deep sky under

clear skies,Nick.

Archived