NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lidl Bino's from 17th December

dogfish

:icon_jokercolor: Yes, you lucky people, it's that time of the year again. My local Lidl (so almost certainly they will be in your local branch too) is advertising the fact that they will be selling the Meade/Bresser 10X50's from Monday 17th December. The price is the usual £9.99 bargain.

They're also selling Bresser 8X56's that they describe as 'professional binoculars' for £79.99 - anyone have an opinion on these?

Cheers, Martin

Just noticed that they're also selling a 70mm Bresser refractor on what looks like an EQ1 mount for £49.99. Any good as a guidescope, do you think?

I also see they're selling the StarryNight complete space and astronomy pack DVD for £11.99 and space CD Rom for £3.99.

Cheers, Martin

I'm using the Bresser 8x56 and I love 'em. They are the first pair that Ive found that agree with me.

For some reason I don't get on with bins, I'm just too sensative to the slightest error in the optics where others won't notice it at all.

I think my eyes must be out of collimation.

Dave

Just noticed that they're also selling a 70mm Bresser refractor on what looks like an EQ1 mount for £49.99. Any good as a guidescope, do you think?

Bought one a couple of years ago and its not a bad little scope for £50 and the larger EPs are ok quality. I think quite a few people buy them just as guide scopes but as a stand alone thing I'd be more tempted by the 90mm Spotting Scope with Tripod which is more versatile, more grab and go than an eq mount, and you could prob use the tripod with a camera too. the 70mm won't do planets (apart from the Moon) very well anyway so I think the greater aperture and wider field would be more useful when things like Comet Holmes come along.

Archived