NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recycling old Ha data. An idea.

ollypenrice

Just an idea. You have lots of grand old Ha data from less expensive filters such as the 13 Nm or 7 Nm but now you have a 3 Nm (and no shirt.) You re-shoot some 3Nm data and stretch it hard, going a bit past the noise limit for the signal you have. Then you paste it on top of the old broader bandpass data, which s less contrasty, and use Blend Mode Luminosity. My thinking is that the contrastiness of the new data will apply itself to some extent to the old data. When combined you might get a reduction in noise and a good measure of the contrastiness of the 3Nm data. WIth this signal strength you could then push even harder on the local contrasts.

Could be cobblers, of course. I think I'll give it a whizz though.

Olly

Agreed.

The thing is this; the 7 passes more light than the 3 so all the information in terms of light is present in the 7. What it fails to do is distinguish so clearly the darker areas. Aha, so maybe we should apply the 3 to the 7 in Blend Mode Darken?

Experiment time.

Olly

Archived