NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101, not so glorious in hot, humid and murky weather

Nonetheless, M101 is not an easy target, even with its good position at present and I'm in a relatively dark area.

How many subs etc

Hi,

It is a stack of 23 subs, 450s each, there were 11 darks, and some flats but the flats seem not to have had any effect for some reason as there are some dark halos left. I should.have waited for a clear night, the Skywatcher LP filter has not had much effect on the severe LP either, I live near the airport.

Regards,

A.G

I quite like the image actually, I've never really managed to get a good picture of M101 as I have a bit too much light pollution. Agreed on the seeing though, I was focusing for M53 last weekend using a Bahtinov mask and Alkaid and on the laptop screen it was like a jelly moving in water!

Hey AG, you could see the stars, no rain, etc.. compared to what we were getting a while back, this is bliss. Just enjoy it and keep sharing :)

Hi Scott,

Point taken and digested, I may reprocesss the image as I am not able to lift any weight at the moment due to a back problem, carrying the EQ5 pro round the garden is not an option at the moment., so I may use the time to see if I could clean it up a bit or extract a bit more detail out of it.

Regards,

A.G

sorry to hear about the back...I've lived (and sometimes suffered) with a dud one for 30ish yrs. :( . The main thing is that you are happy with your results. what we/I/they think really shouldn't matter. maybe while the backs playing up, laying on a li-lo with bins is the way to go :)

sorry to hear about the back...I've lived (and sometimes suffered) with a dud one for 30ish yrs. :( . The main thing is that you are happy with your results. what we/I/they think really shouldn't matter. maybe while the backs playing up, laying on a li-lo with bins is the way to go :)

Thanks Scott, wish you clear skies.

A.G

Hi,

Well, as I had somtime on my hand I reprocessed the M101 last night using StarTools and finished off in CS2. I must say that it turned out better than I thought as I wanted to wipe the data off after the firor second trys.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-19143300-1374831920_thumb.j

Archived