Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

heat haze anyone?

Iv'e been waiting about five years to complain that its too hot and now it is. Lovely clear skies and dark at a reasonable time but the only thing I can look at is the Moon and that at low mag only because of the heat haze coming from the earth. Is it better anywhere else?

I've found that mostly it has been hazy during the heat wave, seems to be weeks now, I can't recall when it started but had decent clear skies some nights. People do complain about lack of dark skies this time of year, but on the other side I must say I loved the few nights the skies were decent. Standing under the sky in a T shirt observing for hours is a nice way to pass the time instead of the freezing cold. Not sure come December in freezing temperatures and fighting dewing problems how that will compare, pros an cons for both I guess.

I aint complaining right now with the weather we've had. barbies most nights, sitting in garden, drinking a beer, all good stuff :)

Archived