NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

colour from my QYH8L

I bought a one shot colour QHY8L, last year, and have only started using it to image with it in the recent good spell of weather we have had, last week I did 19- 5 minute shots of M27, when I went to process them in Nebulosity 3, I got to the part where you 'batch demosaic + square raw colour', click o.k, but nothing happens, the image is still b&w, am I doing something wrong, also, I don't know what this means, when the software is looking for the camera, I get this message, ' Ascom: QHYCCD QHY8, 3328 x 2030 pixels of 7.80 x 7.80, TEC: 1 Bin: 15, Color:0 (0.0), Interface ver: 1 (fails = 0), can anyone explain this, is the camera in auto colour mode, or do you have to switch the colour on, all I know is, I'm not getting any colour in my images????? John parrat.

You need to de-bayer the images in order to extract the colour information. DSS should be able to do that quite easily, you just need to choose the correct debayering profile. Im quite sure I saw BGGR mentioned on the forum a while ago. Although there is a QHY8 profile already stored in DSS, you can try that too.

You dont need to stack with DSS, you can just get it to calibrate and debayer - then it spits out the calibrated and debayered file for stacking in whatever software you choose.

Edit: This thread will need to be moved to the appropriate sub forum (beginner imaging or imaging discussion).

thanks for that, excuse my ignorance but what is DSS, a friend of mine said that I needed to de-bayer my images, but I have looked for that in nebulosity 3, the software programme I use, and it does not have it, just the batch de mosaic and this does not seem to work, from what I have read, nebulosity 3 is a good programme, but I'm not getting on with it.

Thanks for that, I have watch that video a few times now, and have down loaded Craig Starks, tutorials, followed them all step by step, but when it comes to de-bayering , batch mosaic + square raw colour, which I have done a few times now I still get no colour, which I find confusing, there should be colour there????

DSS is a free program for the registraion, calibration and stacking of images for DSLR and CCD cameras.

http://deepskystacke...lish/index.html

Its pretty simple to use, a case of drag/drop your light, dark, bias and flat frames into the window. Then, in your case you will need to go to the stacking settings and check the "save calibrated" and "save debayered" checkboxes under the intermediate files tab. Under the raw/fits settings, you need to change the debayer profile to generic GBRG (not RGGB, sorry!). Before clicking the register button, just check through the recommended settings if you're not sure (but dont use super-pixel or drizzle).

After registration, go back to the image folder and you will find the calibrated files saved as <filename>.cal.fit (or. tiff depending on your choice).

This topic was also discussed here:

http://stargazerslou...8l#entry1984558

Hope that helps!

Archived