NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QG video help qhy5

Hi, im having a little problem getting this QG video to work, im all new to astrophotgraphy, I tested out the qhy5 today on the sun in back garden just to get used to the camera a bit before I try it out in complete darkness and miles from home, I found out how to start capturing a video via QG video but the problem is it wont play back in media player nor will registax recognise it, looking deeper in the file in the properties it does not seem to be any data on the files. I tried installing all the software on my pc and recording a video and all works fine, the transfer of the file to my laptop works fine also. laptop is brand new with windows 8 not sure if that has anything to do with it as im as useless with computers as I am with this qg video ha ha, Any help will be appreciated

Have you set the file capture format correctly, and the file location and file name? At first I couldn't find the files at all, and then I realised that I hadn't set it to save as an AVI. If you're not careful, you'll end up with hundreds of FIT or BMP files instead of an AVI

post-3895-0-02122000-1373811868_thumb.jp

Select capture files,capture location,select file you won't stored to,then capture files again and this time select base filename,you should have a box come up now as a example I would type in test-19-7-13.avi click ok,then on left panal select count or tap again for seconds,enter number then press avi icon,hope this helps

Archived