Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 1000D light polution filter?

HI all

Now ive got my new HEQ5Pro set up and going, and i can get at least 3 min photos at once i need a light pollution filter as the garden lights alone are destroying my pics, and there is only so much you can do to the picture to get some of the pollution out, so can anyone suggest a filter that can fit into the camera so i can still use my t ring for pictures using the scope as a long lens as such, and to be able to use the normal camera lens, this would be a big help thanks

Regards

Chris

Have a look here for a comparison with and without the Astronomik CLS clip-in filter http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/181809-astronomik-cls-filter/

A couple of warnings:

you can't use Canon EF-S lenses, including the one that come with most entry-level cameras. They stick out too far into the camera body. Works fine with a T-ring and other lenses.

It takes out a lot of red and quite a bit of green, leaving your images with a cyan tint. This can easily be processed out but it does look a bit odd when you first see it. Having said that, mine now lives permanently in my camera.

I've had some luck using the two inch light pollution filler from skywatcher and step down rings to fit my 50mm f1.8 lens.

If you look for "adhd-astronomy" user on flikr you'll see two thirty second shots, one with the filler and one without. Made a huge difference.

Have a look here for a comparison with and without the Astronomik CLS clip-in filter http://stargazerslou...mik-cls-filter/

A couple of warnings:

you can't use Canon EF-S lenses, including the one that come with most entry-level cameras. They stick out too far into the camera body. Works fine with a T-ring and other lenses.

It takes out a lot of red and quite a bit of green, leaving your images with a cyan tint. This can easily be processed out but it does look a bit odd when you first see it. Having said that, mine now lives permanently in my camera.

thats the thing, now ive set up my new mount i can do piggy back work, which i love it looks fantastic thats why im after one that i can use for both, if possible which doesnt mean i need to by a new lens

Archived