Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ES 100° 25mm

While not in depth, there is some recent discussion on the performance of the ES 25mm / 100 within this lengthy thread which started on another ES eyepiece. You need to work through the posts from around page 6 to find the stuff on the 25 / 10:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/250267-explore-scientific-24mm-68deg-bargain/

I've owned the ES 20mm / 100 for a while and it was an excellent eyepiece.

I'm in 2 minds about the 25mm / 100. I've read some good stuff and some not so good stuff. It's a lot of £'s to spend if it does not quite live up to you expecations. The ES 30mm / 82 however is well regarded, shows pretty much the same amount of sky and is less than half the price.

Keep in mind I got my ES100 25mm at the price of a ES82 30mm thanks to the Bresser sale. Would I buy it again at that price? Yes! Would I pay the regular price for it? Don't think so.

It's a beautiful performer for faint stuff, and pretty comfortable to use, but the lateral color is too noticeable on bright objects. Some might don't give too much importance to that, but it's an issue to me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think back to the words of Al Nagler about the 21mm E being the stopping point as there were design compromises with going further or words to that effect, that he didn't feel delivered the quality. This guy clearly knew about this or I am sure TV would have made it first.

Alan

Archived