Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Laser collimator

If you can borrow a collimator of any sort then do so and find out how you get on.

They seem to be another one of those thing that you either get on with easily or find completely impossible.

A video on Youtube is not going to be of someone not being able to use one. They might find it OK you may not.

By the way to throw a spanner in the works, before using a laser collimator you need to check that the collimator itself is collimated. Otherwise it is of very limited use as it will not then aligh anything. My apologies for complicating matters. Did the vid show how the do this ?

Ive got a Hotech laser collimator, and find it very simple to use. Collimation usually taking a few minutes at most to get sorted. Im sure that other people could fine tune my scopes a lot better with more tried and trusted methods, but for me the laser works just fine.

Dave.

I have both, I use the Cheshire-sight tube much more. It is universal and with a red light usable at night, and less trouble with wobbly focusers, needs no collimation itself, no batteries, and useful for aligning the secondary mirror. :-)

Archived