Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium, make it a little more how it is.

cracking idea alex, are you going to use some kind of coding to degrade hubble style picture according to type of telescope used or similar. Would be a fab bit of work if you could manage that.

The higher quality pictures I have as base, the more fine tune control I have with the algorithms I can apply, the one I used is not actually that high quality to begin with, the more pixels or higher resolution as a starting point the better. I hope to be able to get them if I can get the support to use those materials , but I'll try and cross that bridge when I get to it , when I feel I have good base with the code that I have, and see where it goes. I guess it is a bit about building bridges when it comes to that kind of thing, perhaps the Bristol astro society may not be a bad place to do some fishing and try at some stage.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that it will never match anything near an actual observation, but at least lp can be simulated already. All it would need are a few filters to simulate the impression of an actual telescope.

It's a simulation, so why not go the last step? It would be useful for beginners.

No one wants to replace the regular color view :-)

I know that it will never match anything near an actual observation, but at least lp can be simulated already. All it would need are a few filters to simulate the impression of an actual telescope.

It's a simulation, so why not go the last step? It would be useful for beginners.

No one wants to replace the regular color view :-)

Can you elaborate a bit ? In particular not sure what you mean by replacing the colour, the idea being that objects are largely grey scale when observed, not that I am applying a 100% greyscale, and as aperture goes up it should reveal more subtle colouring in some cases depending on object ( trying to account for source colour emitted and wavelength observed is in my plan also). Perhaps I am a bit slow to follow the point, 3 cans of lager on a Friday not helping :D

Archived