Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Music To My Ears

Having just bought my new laptop, i was still disappointed with the sound from it. Rubbish tinny sound on laptops is nothing new. I really wanted better sound quality for music and DVD's so today i went to see a guy called Harvey Norman (its a big furniture/electonic's shop) about improving the sound. I looked at cheap laptop speakers and expensive ones. I settled for middle of the road cost (26.99 in the sale). Here's what i bought:

http://www.pixmania....html#pix-review

For the price, they are fantastic speakers. Quite large and robust but light enough to be considered travel speakers. The sound is crystal clear even when i kick the volume up to the fabled level 11. I set-up in the kitchen and cranked up the volume. I can hear it crystal clear down the end of my garden (100ft away). The only "bad" thing i can say about them is that they have a mains plug that has to be plugged in for them to work,as well as being plugged into the headphone jack on the laptop. That in itself is not a problem but the power cord is only about 5ft long. I'd like it about 2-3 ft longer to give me more freedom.

I have to say thought that overall these are great speakers which give a very rich deep sound which is as good as the sound i have heard on any DVD/BR player that has a radio tuner on it. The sound seems to be coming from the laptop screen even thought the speakers are set back about 2ft from the laptop and the volume is currently only on 50%.

One of the best 26.99 euros i have ever spent.

P.S.~~~i can even plug headphones into the speakers directly while they are plugged into the laptop so as to get the same rich deep sound while not waking anyone up.

Thats very good of you supporting aussie shops Paul... Harvey Norman are massive over there :)

Bought my 1100d from them when I was back there last year. A$499 which I think at the time was £300 which I got £30 back at the airport (10% gst [vat])

Thats very good of you supporting aussie shops Paul... Harvey Norman are massive over there :)

Bought my 1100d from them when I was back there last year. A$499 which I think at the time was £300 which I got £30 back at the airport (10% gst [vat])

Well Australia has given us the likes of Dame Edna,Rolf Harris,Steve Irwin and Kevin "blumming" Wilson, so i dont mind giving back a little to the Australians. Maybe it will give me a few brownie points on my citizens test in about 20 yrs when i want to retire there.LOL

Archived