NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A descent x3 barlow

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes it was that one.....cheers james!!....had a panick on for a second then.......next question......50mm extension tube.....where from?? i dont wanna take the lense out of my x2 barlow!

bungielad.

also from this bit

the x2 im using at mo is the delux skywatcher..........

the lens unscrews from the bottom of that barlow giving you a tube? dont know if it would be the size you need but after unscrewing bottom lens no other glass is in the tube

it breaks down into 3 pieces,i have one for my setup :smiley:

just a point on using an old barlow as an extension tube - should be able to source a cheap second hand skywatcher or celestron x2 barlow for £10 on flea bay, and as you will be disguarding the lens not need to be too fussed over condition. Although for imaging, especially with additional extension tube, keeping everything rigid and concentric is important and a purpose built extension tube with copper compression fittings will be more solid than cheap screw clamp type.

This one from TS Optics via Amazon looks pretty handy @ £ 20 - http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B004OVTWMS

Edit - Missed the £8 postage - might be worth speaking to Bernard at Modern Astronomy as he stocks most of the TS Optics bits and is usually more competitive than going direct for small orders.

Archived