NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sh2-157 (the claw) and the Bubble in colour

swag72

Thanks for continuing to hunt out this image and comment :smiley:

@Olly - I think that's how I did add the Ha, but I think I also added it as a luminance layer!! I wish I could remember what I do to replicate it, I start off with good intentions of writing the steps down, but then forget!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......... I wish I could remember what I do to replicate it, I start off with good intentions of writing the steps down, but then forget!!

Yes, I know that feeling well, Sara! Often do a quick-n-dirty processing for a first look, it turns out quite well .... and I can't recall what I did, of course! I even tried recording my processing as a humungous PS action, but hit the snag that some essential steps can't be recorded in actions so it turned out less practical than I hoped. Adrian

Glad it's not only me then! Often my second process, which I feel should benefit from the experience of my first, turns out horribly wrong! A good excuse for me to not keep re-processing!

Yes, I know that feeling well, Sara! Often do a quick-n-dirty processing for a first look, it turns out quite well .... and I can't recall what I did, of course! I even tried recording my processing as a humungous PS action, but hit the snag that some essential steps can't be recorded in actions so it turned out less practical than I hoped. Adrian

Same here.

Glad it's not only me then! Often my second process, which I feel should benefit from the experience of my first, turns out horribly wrong! A good excuse for me to not keep re-processing!

No it's certainly not only you Sara. Sometimes I find I can do a quick tweak to improve things, other times I give up and start again from scratch. One thing though - as you do more processing and get more things wrong you learn a little bit every time and your processing gradually improves :)

Absolutely brilliant image. I love the way you really have this HEQ5 nailed.

Your getting some fantastic sub lengths and every image seems to be quality.

I always like seeing what new images you´ve posted on flikr!

Archived