Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Color Imaging Camera

CSM

This is a new camera and I bought one recently . Am just getting to grips with it. For the price it seems excellent. Would be interested in hearing from anyone else as to ways of getting the best out of it.

post-17430-0-98407900-1371372600_thumb.j

This is a new camera and I bought one recently . Am just getting to grips with it. For the price it seems excellent. Would be interested in hearing from anyone else as to ways of getting the best out of it.

Hi,

I was looking at one of these before I paid for a used Atik 16lc, would be interesting to see what others say about this camera. Well done on your capture BTW.

Regards,

A.G

A.G. This was just combining 4 sets of 5 exposures of varying lengths of M13 - 21,26,31 and 31 secs. Given the limitations of the scope it isn't bad. Hoping for a few clear skies to experiment a bit more.

• 5 weeks later...

Getting to grips with the camera and the software has been quite an experience. That with the camera - Orion Software Studio - is ok for the capture, but somewhat rudimentary when it comes to the processing. The error reports are very brief and don't give any real information as to what is wrong. A persistent one that I get relates to the images not having the same encoding, which means very little and shouldn't happen anyway. So on to Deep Sky Stacker and gradually getting to grips with that.

M13+40+secs.jpg

Getting to grips with the camera and the software has been quite an experience. That with the camera - Orion Software Studio - is ok for the capture, but somewhat rudimentary when it comes to the processing. The error reports are very brief and don't give any real information as to what is wrong. A persistent one that I get relates to the images not having the same encoding, which means very little and shouldn't happen anyway. So on to Deep Sky Stacker and gradually getting to grips with that.

M13+40+secs.jpg

Coming along nicely I'd say.

A.G

Thanks - never expected to get anything like this with such a small scope and a relatively small and cheap camera.

You are doing fine, it is not necessary to have top notch equipment, what we all need is good clear skies and decent seeing. I didi this last week with an 80 mm ed scope and an Atik 16IC, both bought second hand on the ebay, they are 8 years old each at least but I got lucky for a couple of hours with the sky, it was sort of clear. Capture is in wideband Ha from NGC 6888. The capture was the easy part, processing another matter as I have just started doing these DsO imaging.

Regards,

A.G

You are doing fine, it is not necessary to have top notch equipment, what we all need is good clear skies and decent seeing. I didi this last week with an 80 mm ed scope and an Atik 16IC, both bought second hand on the ebay, they are 8 years old each at least but I got lucky for a couple of hours with the sky, it was sort of clear. Capture is in wideband Ha from NGC 6888. The capture was the easy part, processing another matter as I have just started doing these DsO imaging.

Regards,

A.G

My apologies, my laptop has started playing up and the cursor mind of its own. Here is whar I meant to show you.

post-28808-0-94891000-1374162963_thumb.j

Archived