Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Video with UHC filter

Carl Reade

As our weather has once again went to the cloud watcher section. I thought I would show the results of adding a UHC Filter (made by Optics). The two pictures are frame grabs from unprocessed video from my outing catching the Dumbell.

Usual equipment used, Sammy, 6 Ins reflecter F5 Eq3/2 goto mount.

Interesting results.

Cheers Carl

post-30085-0-43371000-1371237648_thumb.j No filter

post-30085-0-37910500-1371237702_thumb.jpost-30085-0-37910500-1371237702_thumb.j With filter

Looks good Carl, I may have to invest in one of those. Another Mallincam user swears by is Astronomik UHC but they seem a little pricey. He said it reduces the red glow and darkens the background as it looks in your comparison.

Regards

Karl

Looks good Carl, I may have to invest in one of those. Another Mallincam user swears by is Astronomik UHC but they seem a little pricey. He said it reduces the red glow and darkens the background as it looks in your comparison.

Regards

Karl

The only thing is Karl yes it brings out the nebula detail but kills the red colour in the nebula. I do suffer from LP and have to try it at a dark site.

Glad this is useful.

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl

I notice you've still got the black circles around your bright stars - have you tried turning the SSNR and SSDR off?

I haven't seen this in my SDC even when I've had SSNR and SSDR on.au be an artefact of the capture device and compression?

I use uncompressed video YUYV I think.

HTH

Paul

Hi Carl

Definitely darkens the background and brings out the detail in the nebula.

Interestingly more AMP glow with it or possibly the AMP glow is swamped by LP without?

Clear skies

Paul

I suspect a bit of both Paul. In any of the dark frame tests I've taken, the amp glow has a green tinge to it so may be amplified.

Cheers Carl

Hi Carl

I notice you've still got the black circles around your bright stars - have you tried turning the SSNR and SSDR off?

I haven't seen this in my SDC even when I've had SSNR and SSDR on.au be an artefact of the capture device and compression?

HTH

Paul

Hi Carl

HTH

Paul

Hi

Have'nt had an outing since to change the SS settings and see the difference. Will have a play on the next outing :smiley: .

I'm using the Dazzle 100 capture device .

Cheers Carl

Archived