NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

GPS Modules

I currently have a celestron 127 SLT computerized with the option of buying the Sky Sync GPS but find its too expensive for the purpose. Does anyone know of an aftermarket product that is cheaper vs buying the OEM?, or for that matter is it even worth getting? any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Mardini

I got a GPS unit from ebay for about 1/6th of the price of a badged one for my GM1000 mount and fitted the correct plug. I dont know what there is to the sky sync version but I bet it isn't much more than a standard GPS unit with a 4 way connector.

Agree with Astronymonkey, it seems an expensive bit of kit for what it does. I'd stick with Google Earth/Internet or use your phone to find out your current GPS co-ords - assuming you have a smartphone with GPS!

Thanks for the responses, I can just plug in co-ordinates with goolgle earth i get that, i was just trying to avoid having to do that if i could find something relatively inexpensive that still does the job.

I agree not worth the money for what it does.

Thanks all!

Archived