NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn last night

That's pretty good! You possibly need to pull back on the Wavelets. They're wonderful but can be very aggressive if you're not careful. As Mattscar say, how many frames did you take? The more the better but not so many that Saturn’s rotation starts to blur things (though might not be as much of an issue with Saturn as with Jupiter - don't know!) but I'd do 2500-3000 frames. What's the frame rate of the cam?

Alexx

It was only hand guided for about 25 seconds, the cam is capable of 30fps, but i had it set to 15fps. so in all only around 400 frames but 100 of them were dropped. Trying to keep the planet in view without an ra drive is difficult (jumping all over the place ).

Cheers

Gary

In which case, try doing several captures one after the other then stitching them together in PIPP. That way you can create a longer video without having to hand-guide it for a long time each time.

I found the best FPS for me doing saturn was 20, but that was with an xbox camera.

Thanks Alex and Matt.

I'll try different fps and longer takes and see what i can get the best of, With Saturn being so low and it not getting dark til around midnight. It'll have to wait til the weekend. Weather permitting (fingers crossed).

Gary

Archived