Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Philips SPC 900LX Mod Question

Mattscar

Does anyone know if running the SPC 900 with the yesyesyes mod will work on windows 8? Aparently there may be some trouble because of the USB to serial adapter and the drivers needed for it.

Edit - Its because Ive been offered one for £60 and I don't want to go wasting my money when hanging on for one without the mod would be better.

If you just want it for planetary imaging then I think it should work regardless as to the best of my recollection the serial part isn't used then.

If you do want to use the LX mod then you may need to find out exactly which USB->serial converter it has. There are a number that will work fine, but perhaps not all are supported under win8. I'd be really surprised if the FTDI or Prolific chipsets aren't supported, but there are others that work for the mod so there's no guarantee that it will have one of those two.

James

Cheers, thats roughly what I needed to know. Im watching one on ebay that ends just after 11 so I'll see how much that goes for, if its more then Iv got one waiting (hopefully still)

Archived