Asteroid 1998 QE2

Hi Dave

Just go here...

http://ssd.jpl.nasa....=sb&sstr=285263

You will see 6 options to choose from ....1st , 2nd, 6th option are probably set ok for you but will need to set your Observer Location, Time Span & Table Settings (RA / DEC & magnitude options are usually all I tick here for general purpose).

When happy just click the 'Generate Ephemeris' button below the six options and a list of RA/DEC & magnitude options will be generated which you can print out, if you have a mount hand controller you can punch in the RA/DEC coordinates on that to find your target....or simply plot on a starmap such as Skyatlas 2000.

It should be possible to enter the coordinates into mount drive software, don't think Stellarium but maybe wrong, I just prefer hands on with the keypad.

Mike

Thanks Mike, had a look at but couldn't make head nor tail of it, will have another go.

Can enter Emphemeris in handset OK

Looks like it'll be low in the south and still twilight though.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Well I made this vid a couple of weeks ago and was in two minds about posting it, had to hold a sheet of hardboard up in the air for half an hour trying to keep out orange street light, so lots of noise etc.

Atik 314L+ 10" SCT

Dave

Must be better way to upload videoes, looks even more rubbish uploaded :)

Archived