NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hatfield forest

OneEyedSam

Has anyone ever attempted viewing at hatfiled forest...any good ? airport LP too much ?

There are some places to park up on the southern edge which might prove ok, i sometimes park upt there to walk the dogs..

I might pop up tonight to guage the LP

It's okay. We did a public observing night there once and it was usable for that purpose.

Stansted obviously pumps out a fair amount of lighting, as well as the Birchanger junction and Bishops Stortford.

The other problem is that they lock the gates by 5pm, so you'd have to ask for permission to stay later.

It's okay. We did a public observing night there once and it was usable for that purpose.

Stansted obviously pumps out a fair amount of lighting, as well as the Birchanger junction and Bishops Stortford.

The other problem is that they lock the gates by 5pm, so you'd have to ask for permission to stay later.

Dubya, this is v useful to know, and I guess makes sense, "usable" doesn't really motivate me to use that site, the quest goes on.....

Archived